Built in 1837 by brothers David and Wilson Grisamore, this outstanding two-story brick house blends elements of both the Federal and Greek Revival styles. It has housed several notable Jeffersonville families, and William Henry Harrison delivered a speech from the front porch during his 1840 presidential campaign. Seriously damaged by fire in 1981, the house was rescued and restored. The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983.
Categories: Sights & Attractions
113 W. Chestnut Street
Jeffersonville, IN 47130