New Hotel Coming to Downtown Jeffersonville!
Arc and Dora Hotel Co. are building a Marriott TownePlace Suites on the site of the former Rose Hill School, directly across from Big Four Station. The $15 million hotel is expected to open in Downtown Jeffersonville in 2017.
Pearl Street Revitalization Project
The Pearl Street Infill Revitalization Project will renew a dilapidated half-block of Pearl Street in Historic Downtown Jeffersonville.
This great reuse project entails the downtown revitalization nonprofit organization, Jeffersonville Main Street, Inc., relocating four historic residential structures and one storage structure, that would otherwise be torn down for the development of the new Big Four Station Park, to a nearby vacant lot located at the northwest corner of Pearl and Maple Streets in Historic Downtown Jeffersonville’s Rose Hill Neighborhood.
Projects in Development
- Expansion of Schimpffs’ Confectionery into a Renovated Building on Spring Street
- Portage House Restaurant in a Renovated House on Riverside Drive
- Parlour Restaurant in a Renovated House on Chestnut Street
- New Hotel Construction at Mulberry and Maple Streets
- New Urbanist, Traditional, Single-Family Housing Construction on Mulberry Street
- Arts District Planned near 7th Street and Michigan Avenue
- Condominium/Retail/Parking Garage on Maple Street
- New Businesses in Renovated Houses on Pearl Street
- Potential Infill Development at Spring and Market Streets
- Residential for Seniors in Renovated Factory on Spring Street
- Commercial Development Planned near Spring and 10th Street
Chestnut Street Streetscape Improvement Project
Thanks to the combined efforts of The City of Jeffersonville’s Redevelopment Commission, Jeffersonville Main Street, and Indiana Main Street, Chestnut Street got a facelift in 2013 to complete the Chestnut Street Streetscape Improvement Project. This project strengthened the connection between the Big Four Bridge ramp and the Spring Street area of Historic Downtown Jeffersonville, Indiana.More Info